Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Goggles















So today Google introduced a great little addition to gmail - google goggles. Goggles (under 'settings' and 'labs') lets you set certain times during the evenings and weekends (or other problem times, you goddamn alcoholic) when you might be too drunk or fucked up to be allowed to send emails.

Basically it's a breathalyzer for your email.
How???
During the times you set as 'vulnerable' you'll be forced to complete 5 easy math problems in under a minute.
Otherwise, it's a no go Tipsy McStaggers.

No diatribe to the bitch 2 cubicles over who breaths weird and talks about how her pets get better medical care than most children. No dirty emails to that girl you met yesterday and haven't even been out on a date with. No 'baby come back, you can blame it all on mes'.
Those are pathetic, you don't want to be that guy.

I think it's awesome, though I don't feel I really need it any more since I'm old enough to control my behavior while drinking (at least in this instance). You know who could have really used this??? All the boys I dated in college. It also would have helped if I had kept my front door locked. Would have really cut down on the amount of times I was shaken awake by some upset dude.

Also I could have been raped and murdered in my sleep but, live and learn.

No comments: