Thursday, October 30, 2008

Phillies Win!!!!















I got a text from my sister last night saying that Broad Street in Philadelphia was on fire, and even though I wasn't watching the World Series, I knew the Phils had taken it home.

The last time the Phillies were in the World Series was in 1993, my sophomore year in High School. All summer our parents would drop me and my girl friends off at Veterans Stadium so we could cruise the stadium in short shorts, eat french fries and um, root for the Phils.

The whole area when effing crazy in the run up to the series, and even crazier when they lost.
Some of the '93 Phillies lived in my town, including Mitch Williams, who gave up the last hit to lose the world series, and the next morning all the kids in my high school were bragging about throwing rocks and eggs at their houses and tearing up their lawns with their cars.
People were seriously upset. Serious as a heart attack at an Alzheimer convention.

It took 15 years but we're back on top!!!! Here's some pictures of the glory and the mayhem.





























No comments: