Wednesday, September 10, 2008

OMG Higgs Boson!!!!















It's on like Donkey Kong people! The physicists at CERN (finally) flipped the switch on the Large Hadron Collider earlier this morning. Well earlier this morning Swiss time so last night.

Good news! Switzerland did not become a black hole, or a series of black holes, and nothing has been extruded through the fabric of time and space. YET.
Actually nothing has happened yet. They sent like 1 proton through the 17 mile course and they won't be up to 5 trillion electron volt speed till much later in the fall.

Once slash IF they end up turning the clock back to a trillionth of a second after the big bang I'll let you know. Though I'd be a lot more impressed if they could just explain the popularity of the Hills to me. I mean I watch a lot of shitty reality tv, but I just don't get that shit.

Related: Heidi and Spencer working with Mattel on their own Ken and Barbie dolls. Blech!

No comments: