Thursday, April 9, 2009

I Like Square Butts

I know I'm supposed to be offended by the new Sponge Bob Square Pants/Sir Mix a Lot collaboration for Burger King but it's just TOO AMAZING!


















Yes, yes, it sexualizes a beloved (and frankly homosexual, right?) children's character and at one point I believe men are looking at womens 'square butts' through a telescope like they're 18th fucking century Hottentot Venuses BUT check these lyrics -

Sir Mix-A-Lot as the Burger King, rapping: I like square butts and I cannot lie / Squid and Sea Star can't deny / When a sponge walks in / Four corners in his pants / Like he got phone book implants / The crowd shouts / All the ladies stare / Dang, those pants are square! / Swimming through the seaweed tangles / Is a butt with sharp right angles / Now, SpongeBob! / I wanna get witcha / 'Cuz you're making me richa / Burger King wants me to seal the deal / Ninety-nine cent, get a toy and a kid's meal!

Phone book implants!!! I guess I also don't care because as far as fast food goes its Taco Bell or nothing for me.

Watch the video here and, go ahead laugh and be weirded out at the same time. Or just laugh, since you're probably not as easily offended by the patriarchy as I am.

Evidence: The boyfriend and I were watching 'Coming to America' the other day. A movie we both love, BUT I just couldn't help but make a comment about the horrible state of pan-African kleptocracy and how all those hot tubs and bath girls and rose petals were paid for off the backs of the starving prolatariat.
Sigh, I just can't help it.

No comments: