Monday, July 21, 2008

More adventures in focus groups

I had an awesome one today!!

First of all it was near my work and only half an hour so I could do it on my lunch break. That's rad because I didn't have to wake up at 6:30a to go before work nor did I have to go after work which can ruin a chance to go out or do laundry.

Second, they paid me in cash which is great because what's better than cash?
Nothing. And I'll tell you, last week Adobe pawned off these $100 American Express gift checks on us, ugh. I mean obvi I took it, duh, but that's the kind of thing that sits in your wallet for 2 years because you never know when slash where to use it. If you're me. Which I am.
Don't worry, I pawned it off on boyfriend since I still owe him some money from unemployed times.
Problem solved. For me anyway. I definitely forecast finding it in his wallet in 2 years.

Thirdly, they told me I gave the best feedback of anyone they had in all their groups. Well first the guy was like, 'What's your level of education?' and immediately I was on guard because not only do I work for a graduate school, everyone in my family is totally over educated and I'm the only one with only a bachelors. And, to top it off its a Bachelor of Fine Arts. So, I'm a little sensitive when people ask about my level of education. But then he was like, we should get more BFAs in here.
You should know that with me, compliments will get you everywhere.

Compliments and cash, two great tastes that taste great together.

1 comment:

Juicesky said...

You know, now that I think about it, you paying me with that gift check was a pretty sly move. You know I'm probably going to just spend it on something that involves you anyway. Always scheming, aren't you? Yep. Just to fuck with you, I'm gonna leave that money to my dogs.