Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I think we all blocked it out as a nation the 1st time

I've been totally caught up in the 'holy shit' of the "world's first pregnant man", Thomas Beatie, ever since I saw him on Oprah (yes I'm mentioning Oprah again, I think I may institute a once a post Oprah appearance). In fact I've been stalking the story online like it was the Austrian basement story. Or the one about the girl who sat on her boyfriend's toilet for 2 years. (Make sure you click on the link to learn 'how can skin become fused to a toilet seat').

Wait, what? Let me get back on topic - pregnant men! In my searching and stalking I found an article in the Village Voice from 2000 (8 years ago!!!) about a family consisting of not one FTM transsexual but TWO! TWO!
...we are both transgendered men (female-to-male or FTM), and my boyfriend is the mother of my child.
Hello Dolly! Of course they lived, and live right here in the Bay Area! And as I've always said about living here, no matter what people tell you their deal is, you just need to go ahead and be cool with it. Otherwise you're judgmental. That's why when someone says,
I investigated sex reassignment in my twenties, but was discouraged by the poor quality of genital surgery and terrified of the isolation. I wasn't sure I could separate the effects of misogyny from gender dysphoria. So I tried to be a different kind of woman, a sexually adventurous gender-fucking dyke who enjoyed every possible male prerogative. But it just wasn't enough.
I understand.
Sometimes being a sexually adventurous gender-fucking dyke who enjoys every possible male prerogative is enough. And some times it's not.

Anyway read the article, here's the link again. I mean anything that was going on before George Bush was even President can't be that shocking.
Right? Or am I getting screwy from living here so long?
No I think I'm right.

Adorable!

No comments: