Friday, May 1, 2009

One Enchanted Rap Battle

As you may, or may not know, I consider myself a black gay man trapped in a straight white woman's body. So, obvi, I had to read New York Magazine's timeline of white people and rap. Duh.
Verdict? Embarrassed. Especially after I relived the glory of the white rap battle from Teen Witch.

The crazy thing is, I started playing this clip in the office (it's Friday) and instantly the 3 women in my office were like, 'Teen Witch?!', and 'OMG, that witch is the reason I wanted to be a red head!', and I'll just come out and say it...a bit of a sing-a-long ensued.
Play it, see what happens in your office.

Also, clarification! Aparently Lauryn Hill never said she'd rather have her children starve than have white people buy her album. Phew!

1 comment:

Christopher A. Brown said...

Oh great, now THAT'S going to be stuck in my head all day...